It’s Volunteers Week meet Maureen one of our delightful volunteers.
1) How long have you volunteered for Scannappeal?
2) Why did you first get involved with Scannappeal?
On retirement from my NHS career I still wanted to be involved in healthcare. Was aware of Scannappeal and saw a request for volunteers in their events diary.
3) Tell us about your role?
Admin in the office, particularly a project relating to Gift Aid paper work.
4) What do you like most about the role you do?
Understand how long term it will help with that particular area of finance.
5) Can you tell us about the most memorable thing that’s happened to you whilst volunteering?
Attending events particularly the recent open garden in Chesham – an absolutely ‘unique’ experience.
6) What contribution or achievement are you most proud of?
The work around the project I am doing.
7) What is the best piece of advice you have ever received?
Be kind to yourself!
8) What might someone be surprised to know about you?
I used to have fear of flying but am now planning a trip to Australia later in the year.
9) In one sentence why should people volunteer their time to support Scannappeal?
The satisfaction of working with an organisation that provides equipment for ALL people.
10) Finally if you could go anywhere and do anything with no limit on time or money, where would you go, what would you do?
I would love to own a boat, have it kept in the South of France and just be able to holiday on it whenever!