It’s Volunteers Week meet Marion one of our marvelous volunteers.
1) How long have you volunteered for Scannappeal?
2) Why did you first get involved with Scannappeal?
I have volunteered most of my life and when I heard of Scannappeal I was delighted to find that it was supporting hospitals as both my husband and I were in the medical profession.
3) Tell us about your role?
I work in the office mainly on the database and any other jobs that need doing.
4) What do you like most about the role you do?
I feel that I am really contributing to an excellent charity. I also enjoy the company of the lovely staff.
5) Can you tell us about the most memorable thing that’s happened to you whilst volunteering?
The love and support that the staff showed to be when Michael my husband died 19 months ago.
6) What contribution or achievement are you most proud of?
Completing a mammoth task for a member of staff to do with Stoke Mandeville Hospital.
7) What is the best piece of advice you have ever received?
Be true to yourself and care for others.
8) What might someone be surprised to know about you?
I once delivered a baby in a taxi!
9) In one sentence why should people volunteer their time to support Scannappeal?
Every patient needs a reliable diagnosis and Scannappeal helps to provide it.
10) Finally if you could go anywhere and do anything with no limit on time or money, where would you go, what would you do?
I would take my son and daughter and their families to Borneo to see the orangutans and amazing wildlife.